Squier Affinity Stratocaster
Well, it's a cheap strat. Made in china. And yes, I did steal the picture above from Musician's Friend and added a background to it, but mine looks the same but with a couple of chips in the finish ;-). No modifications except I put on some Dunlop Straploks. In case you don't know the specs of a standard strat, here they are:
My New Guitar
- Three Single Coil Pickups
- One Volume Pot
- Two Tone Pots
- 21 Fret Neck (maple with rosewood fingerboard)
- Baltic Blue Finish
- Standard Floating Trem
- I replaced the tuners with some black Gotoh ones. They're much nicer than the standard ones!
I will soon be hard at work building myself a new guitar (which I designed, and am building the body for). So wish me luck, I'll post it here when it's done!
Pics of all the parts I have so far.
Its specs are:
I think that's all the specs... If I've left something out, drop me an email, and I'll add it.
- Swamp Ash Double Cutaway Body with pots in upper horn, kill switch in lower horn
- Shaller "Mini" Locking machines
- 24-fret Warmoth Neck (maple with maple fingerboard, clear gloss finish, KWS peghead)
- Two EMG Select Passive Humbuckers (bridge/neck)
- One EMG Select Passive Single Coil (middle)
- Three Push-Pull Volume Pots (to turn each pickup on or off, and control its volume)
- Master Volume Control
- On/Off Toggle Switch (for doing funky toggle switching stuff with three pickups)
- Transparent Green Finish (probably)
- Reccessed Floyd Rose Trem
- 1-5/8 Nut Width
So, today I was kinda bored and built a stand for my guitar. It's made out of some old towels, and a piece of plywood. Pics are up here! If anyone wants detailed instructions or plans to make your own, let me know.